December 9th 2020 - Sake & Single Origin Dark Chocolate Pairing from all around the world
Pairing sake & single origin dark chocolate from around the world
Love chocolate? Know nothing about Sake? Come and see how well they can go together!
Pairing chocolate and sake can be tricky, especially hard bar chocolate with complex flavours and craft sake from specialized breweries. So for this event I’ve teamed up with Arline Lions, Sake Expert of Discover Sake to bring her extensive knowledge to bear on the problem! After much trial and error, we’re proud to present five wonderful sake with five amazing chocolate bars to show you just how good these two great things can be together.
- Get a brief introduction to sake and craft chocolate
- Hear about small-scale producers of sake and chocolate and the challenges they face
- Talk about – and taste! – flavour profiles from different origins for chocolate and different processing and brewing methods for sake
- Have fun in a small, friendly group with plenty of time to explore, discover and ask questions.
- Eat a meal before the tasting. (You’re welcome to taste and spit as well, but so far no-one has!) You will have five samples of around 30 ml sake, strength 14-18% abv.
- On the day of the tasting, avoid any strong smells such as perfume, cologne or strongly scented hair/body products as they may affect your sense of smell. (Or affect the sense of smell of those around you.)
- Also avoid strong tastes such as tobacco, coffee or spices just before the tasting as they may affect your ability to taste.
- Other than that, just bring yourself and any questions you have about craft chocolate or sake!
- Participants must be at least 18 years old.
- The tasting lasts approximately 2.5 hours
- The minimum number of participants is four, and the maximum is ten. If there are less than four people, the session will be postponed. If there are more than ten people, a waiting list will be opened and a new session held as soon as possible.
- Tickets can be purchased online by card, with TWINT or by bank transfer.
- Ticket sales close 24 hours before the event to give us time to prepare.
- Cancellations can only be accepted up to 24 hours before the event, so your place can be released for someone else.
- If you can’t make it at short notice, you can assign your place to someone else – please contact me!
- Refunds are not possible for no-shows as the venue, materials, etc. have all been provided.
- If you have a group of six to ten people who want to take this workshop, please contact me to arrange a private event.
Buy your ticket here CHF70
Contact: Andrea Thurner firstname.lastname@example.org 076 200 49 25
A joint collaboration with Discover Sake