Abgesagt 15. Mai - Pairing sake & single origin dark chocolate from around the world @ MAME
Sake & single origin dark chocolate from around the world pairing
In this workshop, we will travel to Japan to learn about the different classes and styles of sake and how to pair them with dark single origin chocolate from all over the world.
This is a joint project together with Taste Translation
- Find out what sake is – and what it is not
- Learn how raw materials, brewing, processing, and aging affect flavor profile and price
- Sample a range of sake selected to give an overview of the different classes and innovations
- Find out what single-origin small-batch chocolate is, how chocolate from different origins tastes like and how to pair it with sake
- Identify aromas and tasting notes for chocolate and sake
- Hear stories about innovative chocolate makers and what is necessary for cacao to grow sustainably
- Have fun in a small, friendly group guided by an expert sake sommelier and an expert chocolate taster
- On the day of the tasting, avoid any strong smells such as perfume, cologne, or strongly scented hair/body products as they may affect your sense of smell.
- Also avoid strong tastes such as tobacco, coffee or spices just before the tasting
- Other than that, just bring yourself and any questions you have about sake and chocolate!
- Participants must be at least 18 years old.
- The tasting lasts approximately 2 hours and is in English
- The minimum number of participants is four, and the maximum is 15. If there are less than four people, the session will be postponed.
- Cancellations can only be accepted up to 24 hours before the workshop so your place can be released for someone else.
Contact: Andrea Thurner email@example.com 076 200 49 25