In this workshop, we will travel to Japan to learn about sake and how to pair it with dark single origin chocolate from all over the world.
- Sample a range of carefully selected sake and immerse yourself in the complexity of taste. How do raw materials, brewing, processing, and aging affect the flavor profile?
- How does chocolate from different origins taste and how many different aromas and tasting notes can you find?
- Hear stories about innovative chocolate makers and what is necessary for cacao to grow sustainably.
- Have fun in a small, friendly group guided by Arline Lyons, Sake sommelier, and Andrea Thurner, certified chocolate taster.
- On the day of the tasting, avoid any strong smells such as perfume, cologne, or strongly scented hair/body products as they may affect your sense of smell.
- Also avoid strong tastes such as tobacco, coffee, or spices just before the tasting
- Other than that, just bring yourself and any questions you have about sake and chocolate!
- Participants must be at least 18 years old.
- The tasting lasts approximately 2 hours and is in English
Contact: Andrea Thurner firstname.lastname@example.org 076 200 49 25
A joint collaboration with